We work with customers in three core sectors: aerospace and defense (including space), industrial and telecom, and lifesciences and biophotonics. We leverage our technological expertise to provide advanced and enabling photonics solutions.
G&H optical systems, subsystems and components are renowned for their robustness, superior specifications and product lifetimes. We give OEM customers technical advantage when they build our products into their systems.
We are proud of the fact that our products are deployed in an astonishing array of applications and environments:
- Eighty percent of the world’s international data, voice and internet traffic is carried across undersea systems reliant on our fiber couplers
- Over eighty five percent of the world’s smartphones and tablets are manufactured using our acousto-optic laser pulse control devices
- Over two thirds of both the ophthalmic disease diagnostic systems and the world’s medical aesthetics lasers are built using our components
- G&H acousto-optic technology is at the heart of the development of the next generation microscopy system
- Fiber-Q®s are a critical component in ensuring oil and gas pipeline security in politically and environmentally tough conditions
- Acousto-optic devices are utilized in the NASA Mars 2020 rover, the ESA ExoMars programme, and the MASCOT lander on the asteroid Ryugu
- Photonic modules are used in prototyping the future satellite communications – satellite-to-ground and satellite-to-satellite in constellation systems
- Precision optics components and assemblies are used in the development of directed energy weapon systems
- Our shortwave, midwave and longwave infrared lenses and imaging systems help security forces operate effectively in low and no light conditions
- Both the including Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives (CEA), the National Ignition Facility (NIF) at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories (LLNL) rely on our electro-optic and precision optic technology